2007-07-10

Introduction

Hiya, folks! Welcome to my brand new, shiny blog. Up here from my soapbox, I'll write about plenty of topics, with one common theme: personal liberty, or our lack thereof. I won't claim to have all the answers; some of my posts will be merely observations, random thoughts, or calls for comment. I'll also do my best to define any non-obvious terms I may use. I will also do my best to provide references when I say things that seem counter-intuitive.

Speaking of comments, I won't censor anybody's thoughts. As long as your comments aren't spam, and don't violate the Blogger Terms of Service, they'll go up. You can even troll if you like, and I won't block you - but I will probably call you on it.

You may notice a common thread in this blog, but if it's not obvious I'll spell it out. My personal take on all things political is this: government can never perform any function better than the private sector, and should therefore get out of the way and let the private sector (the free market) work to provide the goods and services demanded by the public. This extends to everything, including such traditionally government-run areas as roads, justice, and the military (I'll get to those things in future posts). Breaking that down a bit further, you'll see that if government is not needed even for those things, it's really not needed at all. The only thing government really does, in any society, is restrict the natural rights of all of its people, and I find it appalling that we've allowed this to happen to us for so long.

Finally, I know there are thousands of political blogs out there, so I appreciate your taking the time to read mine. I hope you enjoy it, I hope you come back more than once, and most of all I hope to make you think.

No comments: